Although Bodrum is an opulent resort town and features higher living expenses than a number of other popular cities of the Turkish Riviera, the cost of living in Bodrum is still significantly lower than almost any major city around the globe. Apart from its gorgeous beaches and enchanting natural beauty, Bodrum has a plethora of recreational activities and myriad historical monuments to offer her visitors and you might be wondering how much money you would need to enjoy this beautiful coastal resort to the fullest.
In this article, we have gathered a comprehensive list of expenses to live in Bodrum so that you can get a glimpse of the budget you need to actualize your favorite Mediterranean/Aegean lifestyle in this city. You will see that Bodrum’s living cost is much more affordable than other big cities in Turkey.
Costs Of Living In Bodrum are Affordable!
Bodrum was once a remote fishing village with an untamed enchanting nature but its potentials were discovered by outsiders in the late 1950s. Since then, it has been constantly growing and nowadays has become an opulent and one of the most popular holiday destinations on the Turkish Riviera.
Owing to its modern urban infrastructure, top-notch residential properties, and endless tourist attractions, the average cost of living in Bodrum is higher than the national minimum wage ($380) with a corresponding figure of approximately $560. Living expenses in Bodrum can be higher than a number of Turkey’s other major cities too. For instance, living in Antalya is at least 20% cheaper than living in Bodrum. However, compared to other major cities around the world, Bodrum can still be placed among the top 19% of the least expensive cities.
The following is a thorough list of expenses covering all the basic aspects of life in Bodrum. The cost of living in Bodrum Turkey is much more affordable.
How much do Food And Beverages cost?
Turkish culture thrives in Bodrum and this means the gorgeous resort is one of the best places to get a taste of authentic Turkish food. A heritage of Ottoman cuisine, the traditional Turkish cuisine is quite diverse and comprises many delicious foods such as a variety of kebabs, pastries, soups, and a wide range of mezze.
There are numerous popular traditional restaurants that can cater to you with scrumptious Turkish food. You might also want to try fresh seafood while residing near the Mediterranean/Aegean blue. Fortunately, Bodrum can offer you the best Turkish seafood you can ever ask for with the district of Gumsuluk boasting its famous seafood restaurants.
Aside from traditional restaurants, Bodrum hosts many of the famous international brands such as McDonalds too. If you’ve got the habit of eating out from time to time, expect the prices to be as follows:
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant 75.00 – 181.72 TL
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course 200.00 – 908.00 TL
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal) 50.00 – 90.00 TL
- Domestic Beer in Restaurants (0.5 liter draught) 25.00 – 100.00 TL
- Domestic Beer in Markets (0.5 liter bottle) 30.00 – 90.00 TL
- Imported Beer in Restaurants (0.33 liter bottle) 40.00 – 90.00 TL
- Imported Beer in Markets (0.33 liter bottle) 30.00 – 80.00 TL
- Cappuccino (regular) 15.00 – 54.00 TL
- Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle) 6.00 – 40.00 TL
- Water (0.33 liter bottle) 7.00 – 20.00 TL
As you can see, you are able to manage your cost of living in Bodrum easily.
Do you know the prices in Bodrum markets?
You can also shop for fresh Mediterranean/Aegean ingredients and indulge yourself in a refreshing home cooked meal. Bodrum’s grocery prices are as follows:
- Milk (regular), (1 liter) $0.69-$1.11
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) $0.37-$0.56
- Rice (white), (1kg) $0.96-$2.23
- Eggs (regular) (12) $1.18-$1.78
- Local Cheese (1kg) $2.96-$4.45
- Chicken Filets (1kg) $2.89-$3.56
- Beef Round (1kg) (or Equivalent Back Leg Red Meat) $4.75-$8.90
- Apples (1kg) $0.45-$1.11
- Banana (1kg) $0.89-$1.34
- Oranges (1kg) $0.56-$0.74
- Tomato (1kg) $0.46-$0.52
- Potato (1kg) $0.38-$0.89
- Onion (1kg) $0.11-$0.19
- Lettuce (1 head) $0.52
- Water (1.5 liter bottle) $0.15-$0.24
- Cigarettes 20 Pack (Marlboro) $1.34-$1.71
- Toilet paper, 4 rolls $0.84
- Hair Shampoo $1.46
- Toothpaste, 1 tube $1.39
How much does Transportation cost in Bodrum?
Bodrum peninsula comprises several distinct coastal resorts each having their unique traits. You wouldn’t want to miss Yalikavak’s world-class marina, gorgeous beach of Bitez, Gumbet’s modern villas, and many more intriguing attractions in other resorts and this is where Bodrum’s efficient transportation system shines!
Bodrum features an expansive bus network that connects all the resorts of the peninsula with each other. This means you can start your day by relaxing on the soothing beach of Ortakent-Yahchi and then, after enjoying a delicious seafood dish in Gumusluk, embark on a refreshing evening cruise from Yalikavak. Regardless of where you reside on the peninsula, you can enjoy everything that Bodrum has to offer.
Bodrum is also quite well-connected with the rest of Turkey and the world thanks to its modern airport. Located 36 kilometers northeast of Bodrum downtown, Milas-Bodrum airport hosts both domestic and international flights. Here is the budget you need to allocate to getting around in Bodrum:
- Local transport ticket (One-way Ticket) 6.00 – 9.00 TL
- Monthly ticket local transport 140.00 160.00 TL
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff) 10.50 – 30.00 TL
- Taxi 1Km (Normal Tariff) 3.50 – 6.00 TL
- Gas / Petrol, 1 L or 0.26 gal 15.00 – 26.23 TL
As you can see, transportation costs in Bodrum are very affordable. This has also made the cost of living in Bodrum Turkey less than in other major Turkish cities and many investors are interested in buying property in Bodrum.
What is the monthly cost of Housing And Utilities in Bodrum?
The city of Bodrum has many areas, each with its own unique beauty and attractions. In addition, you can buy a variety of luxury and large villas and even modern and attractive apartments in this city. Just be sure to choose the best places to live in Bodrum.
Utility costs are much cheaper in Turkey compared to European countries or USA. Rents devour a good chunk of your budget though, so if you want to cut on monthly expenses, you can purchase a property in Bodrum. You can visit our website and check out the available holiday homes for sale in Bodrum.
- Basic (Electricity, Heating, Cooling, Water, Garbage) for 85m2 Apartment 1.000.00 – 2.500.00 TL
- 1 min. of Prepaid Mobile Tariff Local (No Discounts or Plans) 0.69 – 2.00 TL
- Internet (60 Mbps or More, Unlimited Data, Cable/ADSL) 120.00 – 190.00 TL
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Center 3.500.00 – 4.00.00 TL per month
- Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Center 2.000.00 – 2.500.00 per month
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Center 4.500.00 – 12.000.00 TL per month
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Center 5.000.00 – 8.200.00 TL per month
The Cost of Sports And Leisure in Bodrum are quite affordable!
There are a plethora of recreational activities you can take part in when in Bodrum. The cost of leisure and entertainment is part of the cost of living in Bodrum. The good news is that you don’t need to worry about the costs because the fun costs in Bodrum are very affordable. However, we have included the most basic ones here:
- Fitness Club, Monthly Fee for 1 Adult $15.9
- Cinema, International Release, 1 Seat $1.93-$2.23
In addition, do not forget that there are many amazing places to see when you are in Bodrum. Do not miss visiting these places.
The cost of Clothing in Bodrum is low!
You will find many popular international clothing brands in Bodrum’s shopping centers. In addition, Turkey has got several fine brands of clothing of its own as well. The conventional prices are as follows:
- 1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar) 350.00 – 900.00 TL
- 1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, …) 200.00 – 600.00 TL
- 1 Pair of Nike Running Shoes (Mid-Range) 700.00 – 2.500.00 TL
- 1 Pair of Men Leather Business Shoes 450.00 – 1.500.00 TL
And that concludes our list of living expenses in Bodrum. Although this opulent resort features a more expensive life than a number of Turkey’s other major cities such as Antalya, the cost of living in Bodrum is quite fair when compared to other major cities around the world and it still counts as one of the least expensive cities worldwide; especially when taking into account all the fun it has to offer! This beautiful peninsula also boasts a diverse real estate market. There are lots of modern villas and high-end apartments for sale in Bodrum and investing in real estate here not only guarantees profit, but also reduces your monthly expenses.
The cost-effective costs of living in Bodrum is one of the most important reasons to invest and but real estate in Bodrum. Now that you are familiar with the Bodrum living cost, it is time to make your final decision to buy property in this beautiful and touristy city.
Is investing and buying a property in Bodrum a good decision?
Bodrum is the best and most beautiful city of Turkey to spend retirement and buying property and investing in Turkey. Beautiful and amazing natural scenery, delicious Turkish food, unique climate and relaxation. In addition, the affordable costs of living in Bodrum have attracted the attention of investors from all over the world to this city.
We are an international real estate agent, who help you to buy your desired property in Bodrum and invest your money in a safe place. You can easily earn passive income by renting tour property. Please simply write or call us if you want to make the best choice out of these perfect properties. Moreover, please mention every detail about your dream house in Bodrum! We help you to find the best choice in no time. Please remember that with our 24/7 customer service, you will get the support you need whenever you have questions.